Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Police Hassle Bystanders


I can actually relate to this somewhat. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/12/opinion/the-scars-of-stop-and-frisk.html The police might act like high and mighty bullies, rather than like the public servants they're supposed to be. As anyone who's read my Facebook profile notes knows, I myself was at least once harrassed by a deputy sheriff. And this one other time, this one other deputy, with a German... Shepard police dog, drove by, and I got stopped and questioned a bit. I think because, as the car passed me, the dog barked at me. I really don't know why police conduct such field interrogations. I mean if I had been up to no good, do they seriously think that I'm going to fess up, just because they ask? The only point I have to add to this article, and video, is that I think that police sometimes also pick on white young people too, just for good measure. So that they can honestly say that they are equal opportunity hasslers.

No comments: