Sunday, March 7, 2010

Christians Call For War Over Abortion.

First of all I'll say this. No baby, no murder. I've seen pictures of zygotes, and I do not view them as constituting indivisual human life. Speaking of wars in the Bible, here are passages in which God supposedly authorises the killing of babies. http://www.usccb.org/nab/bible/1samuel/1samuel15.htm http://bible.cc/psalms/137-9.htm And these are just two examples. During modern day warfare. children, as well as other civillians, are killed as a part of collateral damage. Which is why I'm so opposed to wars like the one that's currently been occuring in Iraq. Note that these pictures are not for the faint of heart. But if you have the stomach for it, look and you'll see what I mean.
http://www.qdeansloan.com/images/iraq-dad-dead-daughter.jpg https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiY-_svAlh6nRoXWqSNazlf66qi70otVEDMZcwB7C19fJdEYpNsfk9TjyS7qKI3A4ExQYGKTB0vRNVEASIkRjBcPrl56gws-f44GxHsRcruUZ7MCPmKWbWx9ZmKryzZ2WkvQDme6rp06OzZ/s400/Afghan+children+dead.jpg http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/sites/afterdowningstreet.org/files/images/Not%20Collateral%20Damage.jpeg Arguabley, abortion only destroys potential life, especially in the early stages of pregnancy. Wars of aggression destroy actual life. Which is why those who are sincerly pro-life should vote against pro-war candidates, not just pro-choice ones. This part of her blog post really troubles me.
"Abortion is not just against Americans, but Christians, and God Himself. It is a war that every pro-choice person is declaring, and fighting, against Americans, Christians, and God." If you were to replace the word Christian with the word Aryan, you'd have neonazi propoganda. If I didn't know the author of this piece personally, she's my sister, I'd suspect that she's an adherent of Christian Identity. Plus to have a war there must be more than one side. Should we really be surprised when certain Christians are killed, when they use such incindiary rheteric? If you were to accept the "Bush Doctrine', which I don't by the way, such killings might be deemed justified. Lastly, here is a link that addresses what the Bible, plus Christian and Jewish religious leaders, say about abortion. http://www.religioustolerance.org/abo_bibl.htm P.S. Rain is also a blessing from God. But when you receive an abundant amount of it, you should put on some rubbers.

1 comment:

Spillersman said...

I recently sent an email to a prolife group explaining my view. Libertarians of all stripes of course support defending everyones rights to life, liberty, and property, but with abortion you get the conflict of the fetuses life vs. a woman's liberty. Where is a libertarian to go with it? Here is what I said:

Let me start off by saying that I am prolife and do oppose abortion. I believe that abortion for convience or for birth control is a great moral evil. I am a Christian and do believe that life does begin within the womb. I support the states right to grant legal protection and recognition to the unborn child's right to life. But, the other side does have one compelling issue to consider. If one totally criminalizes abortion, you will not only prohibit abortion (a good thing), but you will also impose an affirmative duty on the woman to remain pregnant against her will. Criminal law does not general impose such affirmative duties and in the cases where it does, the person generally has the ability to resign from that duty, for example, a parent has the right to care for his/her child, but the parent could go down tomorrow and put the child up for adoption and thus remove his affirmative duty. A pregnant woman can not do this. One has a right to life, but not necessarity a right to impose a duty on others to preserve your life. If I need a kidney I don't have the rightto force you by law to give me one of your kidneys so that I may continue to live. Same would be true of a blood transfustion, if I tried to force you by law to give me your blood. Well, a woman's body functions as a natural life support system for the unborn baby, the baby does not have the right to force the woman by law to provide her body as a natural life support system for nine months to perserve his/her life. To compel a woman to provide her body in such a way would amount to involuntary servitude. The state shoud have the power to regulate abortion to protect the life of the baby as well as protect the life and health of the woman, but not in ways that would strictly force her to remain pregnant against her will, ie totally banning abortion criminally. I am actually in favor of a human life amendment and do believe Roe went to far, but this right to life can not be made to force a woman into bodily slavery. The two rights here must be balanced.