Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Britanny Murphy Died.

Also a few days ago, while my internet connection was out, actress Brittany Murphy passed away. I remember her from"The Devil's Arithmetic". In which she played an adolescent Jewish girl, during the Holocaust, so convincingly that I actually thought that she was Jewish in real life. I also saw her star in the little known film, "Little Black Book". I received a DVD copy of this movie as a part of a prize package. I might otherwise never have seen it, since the description, and rating, on the back didn't make it seem all that great. But I was very glad that I did decide to watch it. Because it raised very good questions about the sensationalist media, and how it affects relationships, and also how due to both personal descisions, and circumstances, life has it's ups and downs. In both of these works, she gave very moving performances. I could really relate, and feel for the charectors she portrayed. My heart goes out to her husband, and family, over her untimely demise. She will surely be missed.

No comments: