Thursday, September 3, 2009

Pres. Obama to Address School Children.

http://www.examiner.com/x-9115-Houston-Single-Parenting-Examiner~y2009m9d1-Obama-in-the-classroom--President-to-address-school-students-September-8 I just heard today that Pres. Barack Obama is going to be giving a televised address to our nations state school children, on September 8th. Now I do not know exactly what he will be saying. However, some fear that he will be attempting to indoctrinate, and/or influence students politicly. Even more frightening though, is a loyalty oath to the President, which children might be made to recite. http://peacerebelgirl.wordpress.com/2009/01/29/pledge-your Now as you may know, I am a registered Democrat. However I do not support these activities. I feel that it is reminescent of Hitler's Germany. As Americans our allegiance should be to the constitution, the people, and to any god/s of our choice. Not to any one person. We should also be allowed to feel free to disagree with the government, and it's policies. No one should be told how or what to think. The President is not any better, and/or higher, than anyone else. He is our servant, not the other way around. And if he were to take advantage of the powers given to him by us voters, he should be thrown out of office. Those of you who've been reading my blog from the beginning know that I started out as a Republican who opposed George W. Bush. And now that I am now a libertarian progressive Democrat, I shall likewise express dissent against Democratic officials, whenever I feel that they are wrong. I am an objective commentater. As we all should be, regardless of political affiliation. P.S. This might also be a good time to look into unschooling your children.

1 comment:

RedKnight said...

Apparently , this has turned out to be a hoax . https://timpanogos.blog/2009/01/29/new-pledge-hoax-slams-obama-teachers-and-public-schools/ Just goes to show that even I can get misled at times , by misinformation .